Since school, you’ve been conditioned to look outside yourself for the ‘right’ answers. So it’s no surprise that as a business owner, it can be easy to get carried away and look for a way that will guarantee success.
After working in the corporate world, I’ve learned that true and lasting success is an inside job.
And that rather than looking to your peers or even your industry leaders for validation, you need to look within.
Because the truth is:
Business is all about relationships, and underpinning any successful relationship is the relationship you have with yourself.
When you start with YOU, and who you are in business — without trying to fit into someone else’s version of what business ‘should’ look like — you’ll tap into your innate wisdom and show up for business more in alignment.
And when you combine your uniqueness with soul-aligned strategy PLUS guidance from your spirit team, that’s when you hit the sweet spot — building lasting momentum for a business with the kind of purpose, holistic wealth and energetic spaciousness you’ve been working towards.
Before you decide on your next strategy, take time to explore each of these 4 fundamental relationships:
1.YOUR SELF relationship
The more you know yourself, the more you’ll be able to build a business that’s truly aligned with your strengths, your lifestyle, what it takes for you to feel nourished and rested, and what lights you up. By deepening your self-awareness, you’ll also be able to manage any roadblocks along the way.
Since business doesn’t happen in isolation – consider the following across your entire life;
- What makes you ‘you’? (you may like to explore human design, astrology, Enneagram & other personality tests to build out this profile)
- What is your soul calling for? (explore your future vision, values, dreams, and desires)
2. YOUR BUSINESS relationship
Regardless of whether you operate as a personal brand or company, you are not your business. Your business has its own identity and soul that you get to be in a relationship with.
Anchor into your business and consider;
- What is the energy of your business asking of you? (is there a certain path, model or way that wants to be expressed?)
- What does effective, sustainable, healthy growth look like for your business?
3. YOUR COMMUNITY relationship
Your clients and community are not numbers or statistics; they are people — cultivating deep, genuine relationships will not only support you to create the kinds of offers that magnetise your soulmate clients and then turn them into repeating, raving, and referring fans, it’ll also enrich your life in general.
With your soulmate client in mind, consider;
- How can you be in a deep relationship with those you most want to serve? (the more tapped in you are with your community, the better positioned you will be to meet them with the ideal solutions to their problems)
- What do they most need? (and how does this align with your unique gifts?)
4. YOUR WORK relationship
When you’re in business, it’s easy to become bogged down and lose sight of the creative spark that likely led you to start your business in the first place. By relating to your work as your own creative canvas — a place for you to follow your curiosity, expand your expression, and experience the joy of sharing your craft, you’ll find your unique voice and open up the channels for your best work to flow through you.
Get into a relationship with your work by considering;
- How are you showing up for your work? (‘how’ you do things is far more impactful than ‘what’ it is you’re actually doing – explore things like boundary issues, or the masculine/feminine dynamics to help you understand the energy you are bringing to your work.)
- How do you show up when you confidently embody and embrace your expertise?
When you are in a deep relationship with who you are, your business, your community, and your work, that’s when EVERYTHING feels ON — your business, your life, your magnetism.
Your path won’t look like anyone else’s. It’s not meant to.
But, there’s nothing more worthwhile than intentionally creating a soul-nourishing business on your terms.
Now I’d love to hear from you. Which of these relationships are you excited to connect with more deeply?